Solar panels buying can be confusing because of the innumerable companies flooding the market every single month. Hence, in this article we will see a list of best solar panels to buy in India in 2020.
List of Best Solar Panels to buy in India in 2020:
- Loom Solar (Indian Make)
- Vikram Solar (Indian Make)
- Renewsys Solar (Indian Make)
- Waaree Solar (Indian Make)
- Adani Solar (Indian Make)
- TATA Solar (Indian Make)
- Canadian Solar (Canadian & Chinese Make)
- Trina Solar (Chinese Make)
- Jinko Solar (Chinese Make)
- Axitec Solar (German & Chinese Make)
All the solar panel companies in the above list offer premium Tier 1 MNRE approved solar panels.
Below you will a comparison chart of all these solar panels manufacturer. The chart is to give you an idea about the warranty and performance efficiency.
Solar Panels Comparison Chart:
|Solar Panels||Wattage (W)||Efficiency (%)||Temp Coefficient||Product Warranty|
|Loom Solar||375 W||19.50||-0.43||10 Years|
|Vikram Solar Somera Grand||375 W||19.33||-0.39||10 Years|
|Renewsys DESERV Series||375 W||19.40||-0.36||10 Years|
|Waaree Solar Aditya Series||375 W||19.33||-0.37||10 Years|
|Tata Solar Triple Black Series ||330 W||17.00||NA||10 Years|
|Adani Solar Eternal Series||375 W||18.58||-0.39||12 Years|
|Canadian Solar HiDM Series||400 W||19.40||-0.37||15 Years|
|Trina Solar TallMax Plus Series||375 W||19.30||-0.39||10 Years|
|Jinko Solar EagleSeries||375 W||19.30||-0.37||10 Years|
|Axitec AxiPremium Series||370 W||19.07||-0.39||15 Years|
NOTE: I would like to clarify that most of the companies which are in this list manufacture higher wattage solar panels which have more efficiency, but I have only considered 370 watt 72 cell monocrystalline solar panel for comparison because it is the max wattage solar panel which is most widely used in India.
All the solar panels in this list offer 25 years performance warranty.
Now lets see one by one what each of these solar companies have to offer.
Top 10 solar panels in India:
Loom Solar Pvt. Ltd. is a monocrystalline solar panel and AC Module manufacturer based in Fardabad, Haryana. The company which started in 2018 by Amod and Amol Anand has become one of the fastest growing solar panel manufacturer in India. The reason why I chose loom solar for the first position is because of the variety of products they offer to the Indian market which no other solar company as of now is offering.
Products offered by Loom Solar:
- Loom Solar AC module to run solar on grid system without net metering.
- Solar panels from 10 watt to 375 watt suitable for large variety of application.
- Off grid solar power system for remote places.
Loom Solar Achievements:
- Fastest growing SMB award by Amazon for the year 2019.
- Launched world’s first IOT-based solar AC module.
- Received Golden Bridge Business and Innovation Awards at United States of America.
- Network of over 1,500 re-sellers in India to deliver solar panels within 3 – 5 days of order.
You can check out Loom solar panels and solar system from here.
2. Vikram Solar:
Vikram solar founded in 2006 by Gyanesh Chaudhary is a bankable brand in the solar industry. Vikram solar offer monocrystalline, polycrystalline and half cut solar panels in 60 cells, 72 cells and 144 cells option. It is definitely one of the best solar panels manufacturer in India.
Products Vikram Solar Offer:
- Polycrystalline & monocrystalline solar panels with wattage ranging 280 W to 385 W.
- Bifacial solar panels with max wattage of 480 W.
- In February 2014, Vikram solar was listed as India’s only Tier 1 module manufacturer by Bloomberg New Energy Finance.
- Solar panel manufacturing capacity of over 1 GW.
- 10 kW floating solar plant in Kolkata.
3. Waaree Energy:
Waaree Energies Ltd. is the flagship company of Waaree Group, founded in 1989 with headquarters in Mumbai, India. It has India’s largest Solar PV Module manufacturing capacity of 2 GW at its plants in Surat and Umbergaon in Gujarat. Warree offers polycrystalline, monocrystalline with PERC technology and even light weight flexible solar panels. Waaree is one of finest Indian solar panels manufacturing company.
Products Waaree Solar Offer:
- Polycrystalline solar panels from 10 watt to 370 watt.
- Monocrystalline solar panels with maximum wattage of 400 watt.
- flexible solar panels upto 330 watt.
- Solar rooftop for Reliance Mumbai metro.
- Solar panel manufacturing capacity of over 2 GW.
- National excellency award in 2016 by government of India.
4. Tata Power Solar System Ltd:
Tata power solar founded in 1989 in joint venture with BP solar is a sister concern company of Tata group. The company manufactures solar modules, solar cells, and other solar products, and provides EPC services for solar power projects. Tata is a bankable brand which you can trust for solar panels and even solar installations.
Products TATA Solar Offer:
- Polycrystalline solar panels upto 300 watt.
- Monocrystalline solar panels upto 330 watt.
- Tata Power Solar has commissioned an 820.8 kWp solar rooftop at the Cricket Club of India (CCI), in Mumbai.
- In February 2017, Tata Power Solar became the first Indian company to ship over 1 GW solar modules worldwide.
5. Adani Solar:
Adani Solar a company under adani group founded by Gautam Adani is India’s first and largest vertically integrated solar company that offers services across the spectrum of photovoltaics manufacturing. The company offers and produces high efficiency Multicrystalline, Monocrystalline with PERC technology and Bifacial modules with superior efficiency, higher performance and enhanced reliability. Adani solar if one of the largest solar panels installer in India.
Products Adani Solar Offer:
- Polycrystalline solar panels from 330 watt to 345 watt.
- Monocrystalline solar panels from 295 watt to 390 watt.
- Solar photovoltaic cell and modules manufacturing capacity of 1.2 GW at Mundra, Gujarat.
- Accredited as Tier-1 supplier by the Bloomberg New Energy Finance.
6. Renewsys Solar:
RenewSys is the renewable energy arm of the Enpee Group, a diversified global conglomerate with a heritage of nearly 60 years of manufacturing excellency that manufactures Solar PV Modules and its key components – Encapsulants (EVA & POE), Backsheets and Solar PV Cells. Renewsys is one of the very few Indian solar panel manufacturer which makes all the components of a solar panel.
Products Renewsys Solar Offer:
- Polycrystalline solar module from 40 watt to 340 watt.
- Monocrystalline solar modules from 280 watt to 380 watt.
- Flexible solar panels upto 380 watt.
- Current solar module production capacity is 280 MW.
- Of the top 10 solar panel manufacturers in India, RenewSys is the first to launch production of 5 BB solar cells.
7. Canadian Solar:
Canadian Solar is a NASDAQ listed solar panel manufacturer and EPC founded in 2001 in Canada by Dr. Shawn Qu, it has business subsidiaries in over 24 countries on 6 continents. Canadian Solar has production facilities in Canada, China, Indonesia, Vietnam and Brazil each facility is structured for the manufacturing of ingots, wafers, solar cells, solar PV modules, solar power systems and specialized solar products. Canadian solar is widely regarded as the one of the best solar panels manufacturer worldwide.
Products Canadian Solar Offers:
- Polycrystalline solar module from 300 watt to 450 watt.
- Monocrystalline solar modules from 300 watt to 450 watt.
- Bifacial solar modules upto 440 watt.
- Canadian Solar was listed as Bloomberg New Energy Finance’s Tier 1 Module Manufacturer in terms of bankability for Q4 2018, and was named as Top 3 Global Utility-scale Solar PV Project Developer for 2017 by GTM Research.
- 148 MW solar system – Ronald McDonald House, San Diego, California, USA (June 2010).
8. Trina Solar:
Products Trina Solar Offers:
- Polycrystalline solar module upto 415 watt.
- Monocrystalline solar modules upto 420 watt.
- Bifacial solar moudles upto 405 watt.
- With Trina’s panel, the 151 MW solar plant at Neemuch, India is one of the largest solar projects in the world. Welspun Solar Madhya Pradesh Private Limited (WSMPPL) had won the project in May 2012 and complete in 2014.
- Trina solar was rated top bankable module supplier by Bloomberg bank ability once again by 100% of banks, investors, industry experts.
9. Jinko Solar:
Jinko Solar Holding Co., Ltd. is currently the world’s largest solar panel manufacturer, shipping 11.4 GW of modules in 2018. Headquartered in Shanghai, China, the company started out as a wafer manufacturer in 2006 and went public on the New York Stock Exchange in 2010. As of now Jinko Solar holds the world record for P-type Poly PERC and Mono PERC cell efficiency at 22.04% and 23.95% respectively.
Products Jinko Solar Offers:
- Polycrystalline solar module upto 400 watt.
- Monocrystalline solar modules upto 400 watt.
- Jinko Solar was named Top-Rated Bankable PV module supplier by PV-tech, only four companies has received top “AA” Rating.
- In 2018, Jinko solar was listed as Tier 1 module manufacturer by Bloomberg New Energy Finance for second time in a row.
10. Axitec Solar:
AXITEC is one of the qualitatively leading global brands of solar modules and energy storage’s. The engineering at the headquarters in Germany controls the global production capacities of 800 MWp.
Products Axitec Solar Offers:
- Polycrystalline solar module upto 335 watt.
- Monocrystalline solar modules upto 415 watt.
NOTE: Apart from these brands there are several other brands that make premium quality high efficiency solar panels like LG, Panasonic,etc. But they are not having good presence in India hence I have not included them in this list.
If you are wondering how much these solar panels cost and how much will my entire solar system cost, then please check out the following blogs.
- How much solar panels cost in India?
- What is the cost of Solar on grid system & Solar off grid system in India?
If you are confused about which type of solar panel to use mono or poly, then please check out the following blogs.
- What are polycrystalline solar panel, advantages, disadvantages and when to use them?
- What are monocrystalline solar panel, advantages, disadvantages and when to use them?
Conclusion on Best Solar Panels in India in 2020:
I feel all the above brands are the best solar panels available in India. Hence if you are planning to install a solar system then make sure you select your solar panel which fits your budget from the above list.
If you like this article then please share it on WhatsApp, Facebook, Reddit, Pinterest.
Feel free to share your view in the comment section.