You have planned to go solar and got quotation from several EPC installer, each one is offering you different companies solar panel and you are confused about which brand solar panel you should go for. In this article we will look at top 10 solar companies in India.
Some of the companies in the list are the best international solar companies in the world having strong presence in India as well. All the companies in this list manufacture solar panels and even do medium to large scale EPC installation. Hence, if you are planning to install a solar system in 2020 and beyond, then at least one of these companies solar panels should be part of it.
Top 10 Solar Companies in India:
- Vikram Solar (India)
- Loom Solar (India)
- Waaree Solar (India)
- Jakson Group (India)
- Adani Solar (India)
- Renewsys Solar (India)
- Canadian Solar (Canada, China)
- REC Solar (China)
- Jinko Solar (China)
- Trina Solar (China)
This list is not compiled on the basis of sales figures of the company but by talking with various installers and discussing why they offer those solar panels.
None of the solar panels manufacturer in this list are small companies every company is a reputed brand and has supplied and installed fair share of solar panels in India and abroad.
Top 10 Solar Companies in India:
1. Vikram Solar:
Vikram solar founded in 2006 by Gyanesh Chaudhary is a bankable brand in the solar industry. Vikram solar offer monocrystalline, polycrystalline and half cut solar panels in 60 cells, 72 cells and 144 cells option. It is definitely one of the best solar panels manufacturer in India.
- In February 2014, Vikram solar was listed as India’s only Tier 1 module manufacturer by Bloomberg New Energy Finance.
- Solar panel manufacturing capacity of over 1 GW.
- 10 kW floating solar plant in Kolkata.
2. Loom Solar:
Loom Solar Pvt. Ltd. is a monocrystalline solar panel and AC Module manufacturer based in Faridabad, Haryana. The company which started in 2018 by Amod and Amol Anand has become one of the fastest-growing solar panel manufacturers in India. The reason why I chose loom solar is because of the variety of products they offer to the Indian market which no other solar company as of now is offering. Loom Solar ® has won the prestigious gold and silver award in the 11th Annual 2019 Golden Bridge Business and Innovation Awards in the United States of America.
- Launched world’s first IOT-based solar AC module 2020.
- Fastest growing SMB award by Amazon for the year 2019.
- Network of over 1,500 re-sellers in India to deliver solar panels within 3 – 5 days of order.
You can check out Loom solar panels and solar system from here.
3. Waaree Energy:
Waaree Energies Ltd. is the flagship company of Waaree Group, founded in 1989 with headquarters in Mumbai, India. It has India’s largest Solar PV Module manufacturing capacity of 2 GW at its plants in Surat and Umbergaon in Gujarat. Warree offers polycrystalline, monocrystalline with PERC technology and even light weight flexible solar panels. Waaree is one of finest Indian solar panels manufacturing company.
- Solar rooftop for Reliance Mumbai metro.
- Solar panel manufacturing capacity of over 2 GW.
- National excellency award in 2016 by government of India.
4. Jakson Group:
Jakson Group, established in the year 1947 is a diversified company having interest in Diesel generator manufacturing, Solar panels manufacturing, Solar and Electrical EPC & IPP Solutions.
It’s a trusted brand which is serving Indian and global customers for the last 70 years. Jakson has partnership with the American power giant Cummins to manufacture diesel gensets in India.
In the solar field apart from solar panels Jakson offers solar inverters, solar power packs, solar water pump and solar power generators.
They are also one of the leading solar EPC in India and have executed over 1 GW solar installations in both rooftop & land-based categories across the country.
Key Achievement’s & Landmark projects:
- State-of-the-art module manufacturing facility at Greater Noida, India, with an annual manufacturing capacity of 600 MW. This plant is in the process of being scaled to 1 GW annual capacity.
- Jakson solar panels are installed at Rashtrapati Bhawan, LBS Airport Varanasi, Yamuna Sports Complex, Delhi Metro Stations, amongst others.
- Jakson Group successfully commissioned a 10 MW solar power plant at Vishakhapatnam port, Andhra Pradesh.
- Designed & executed innovative solar projects, namely India’s first Solar Train project for Indian Railways and Canal-top solar project in UP.
5. Adani Solar:
Adani Solar a company under adani group founded by Gautam Adani is India’s first and largest vertically integrated solar company that offers services across the spectrum of photovoltaics manufacturing. The company offers and produces high efficiency Multicrystalline, Monocrystalline with PERC technology and Bifacial modules with superior efficiency, higher performance and enhanced reliability. Adani solar if one of the largest solar panels installer in India.
- Solar photovoltaic cell and modules manufacturing capacity of 1.2 GW at Mundra, Gujarat.
- Accredited as Tier-1 supplier by the Bloomberg New Energy Finance.
6. Renewsys Solar:
RenewSys is the renewable energy arm of the Enpee Group, a diversified global conglomerate with a heritage of nearly 60 years of manufacturing excellency that manufactures Solar PV Modules and its key components – Encapsulants (EVA & POE), Backsheets and Solar PV Cells. Renewsys is one of the very few Indian solar panel manufacturer which makes all the components of a solar panel.
- Current solar module production capacity is 280 MW.
- Of the top 10 solar panel manufacturers in India, RenewSys is the first to launch production of 5 BB solar cells.
7. Canadian Solar:
Canadian Solar is a NASDAQ listed solar panel manufacturer and EPC founded in 2001 in Canada by Dr. Shawn Qu, it has business subsidiaries in over 24 countries on 6 continents. Canadian Solar has production facilities in Canada, China, Indonesia, Vietnam and Brazil each facility is structured for the manufacturing of ingots, wafers, solar cells, solar PV modules, solar power systems and specialized solar products. Canadian solar is widely regarded as the one of the best solar panels manufacturer worldwide.
- Canadian Solar was listed as Bloomberg New Energy Finance’s Tier 1 Module Manufacturer in terms of bankability for Q4 2018, and was named as Top 3 Global Utility-scale Solar PV Project Developer for 2017 by GTM Research.
- 148 MW solar system – Ronald McDonald House, San Diego, California, USA (June 2010).
8. REC Solar:
REC Group (REC) is a leading European brand of solar panels and a vertically integrated solar energy company founded in 1996 in Norway. REC offers polycrystalline, monocrystalline, half cut and PERC modules.
- 257 MW solar park at Tranquillity (Fresno County, CA).
- #1 most-installed brand of solar panels in Germany.
- #1 most-installed brand of solar panels for California homes (at end-Q3).
9. Jinko Solar:
Jinko Solar Holding Co., Ltd. is currently the world’s largest solar panel manufacturer, shipping 11.4 GW of modules in 2018. Headquartered in Shanghai, China, the company started out as a wafer manufacturer in 2006 and went public on the New York Stock Exchange in 2010. As of now Jinko Solar holds the world record for P-type Poly PERC and Mono PERC cell efficiency at 22.04% and 23.95% respectively.
- Jinko Solar was named Top-Rated Bankable PV module supplier by PV-tech, only four companies has received top “AA” Rating.
- In 2018, Jinko solar was listed as Tier 1 module manufacturer by Bloomberg New Energy Finance for second time in a row.
10. Trina Solar:
- With Trina’s panel, the 151 MW solar plant at Neemuch, India is one of the largest solar projects in the world. Welspun Solar Madhya Pradesh Private Limited (WSMPPL) had won the project in May 2012 and complete in 2014.
- Trina solar was rated top bankable module supplier by Bloomberg bank ability once again by 100% of banks, investors, industry experts.
Apart from the above list there are several other solar panels available in Indian market that are good and worth installing, but if you can anyone from the above list then it’s the best.
Few more solar panels companies in India worth installing:
- Goldi Green Technologies Pvt. Ltd. (India)
- Emmvee Photovoltaics Private Limited. (India)
- Tata Solar (India)
- Navitas solar. (India)
- Alpex export. (India)
- HHV solar. (India)
- Risen Energy. (China)
- Axitec solar.
Now that you know best solar panels brand in India, let’s have a look at how much these solar panels cost.
Cost of Polycrystalline Solar Panels in India:
The following table summarizes the cost of above 330 watts polycrystalline solar panels in India. If you are new to solar and don’t know what are polycrystalline solar panel then read this article – What are polycrystalline solar panels, when should we use them?
|Solar Panels Brand||Cost of Solar Panel (Rs / Watt)|
|Vikram Solar Panels||Rs 20 / Watt to Rs 25 / Watt|
|Waaree Solar Panels||Rs 19 / Watt to Rs 24 / Watt|
|Renewsys Solar Panels||Rs 19 / Watt to Rs 24 / Watt|
|Canadian Solar Panels||Rs 25 / Watt to Rs 30 / Watt|
|REC Solar Panels||Rs 25 / Watt to Rs 32 / Watt|
Note: The prices may go up and down depending on the availability in stock. The cost will also vary for bigger solar panels like 380 watt, 400 watt. Please call your nearby distributors to get exact prices of solar panels, above figures might be outdated by the time you read this article.
Cost of Monocrystalline Solar Panels in India:
If you are new to solar and don’t know what are monocrystalline solar panel then read this article – What are monocrystalline solar panels, when should we use them?
Conclusion on Top 10 solar companies in India:
To conclude I would say since solar is a 25 – 30 years (solar panels have 25 years warranty) asset customers should focus on the quality of solar panel and not on the price. If you opt for a inferior quality solar panel it will have low upfront cost but in the long run it won’t give as much production as the Tier 1 quality solar panels which means less saving in electricity bill, which is the ultimate goal of going solar for most people.
If I have to choose few brands of solar panel then I will say go for vikram solar, waaree solar, Canadian solar, Trina solar, Jinko solar, REC solar, Renewsys solar, Tata solar. These are the market leaders in India and globally and I bet you won’t regret buying these.
So go for the best solar panels even if it’s bit expensive since it’s a 25 year investment and trust me you don’t want to change your solar panels before 25 years.
If you liked the article then please share it on WhatsApp, facebook, reddit and if I have missed any solar panels brand which you feel is worth mentioning then please share it in comments section.
Thank You 🙂